My Craft Blog

Hi there, my name is Marcia, I am happy to meet you and share my craft makes and ideas with you. I hope you enjoy looking. Please feel free to join my blog and leave me comments, especially if they are helpful ones! I love to learn new craft techniques and am more than happy to share the ones I have found. Thank you for looking.....

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Birthdays Galore!


Another new technique!  The background for this card is made using plumbers insulation tape.  It's 4 inches wide, comes on a roll and is self adhesive!  Way better than trying to glue baco foil to card!!  I saw a lady use this on tv and had to give it a try for my son's birthday card!  You can stick the tape on in random pieces, emboss it,  then take a ballpoint pen and scratch small lines across the joins to look like staples, sorry this doesn't show up too well on my picture. I used a cog and ticket Sizzix die and some paper from my stash to decorate.  The motorbike was cut using the Silhouette Cameo (love it).  I really enjoyed putting this card together and look forward to giving it to my little boy (age 33) on Sunday!!!
 
I love to paint, but don't do it very often (not sure why)!
I stamped out the ivy and flowers separately, then painted them with Twinkling H2O's.  These have a beautiful shimmer to them as they have mica mixed in - lovely!
This is for a friend's birthday, so I need to get on and finish the inside of the card so I can give it to her!

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these offerings, please leave me a comment if you like them.

Bye for now!.............

No comments:

Post a Comment