My Craft Blog

Hi there, my name is Marcia, I am happy to meet you and share my craft makes and ideas with you. I hope you enjoy looking. Please feel free to join my blog and leave me comments, especially if they are helpful ones! I love to learn new craft techniques and am more than happy to share the ones I have found. Thank you for looking.....

Friday 7 November 2014

Halloween Treat Boxes

I know we don't normally celebrate Halloween here as much as is done in the USA but I felt inspired to make the oldest grandchildren some little treat boxes! They were made using the wonderful Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake die, and their very appropriately named Pumpkin Pie cardstock! I just stamped assembled the box then whilst it was still flat, stamped them with the SU woodgrain stamp in Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress ink.  I cut some leaves from some Sizzix dies to embellish and tied them up with Stampin Up Bakers Twine.  


I didn't want the boxes to look scary in any way so no spooky faces or anything!  The eldest grandchild is only two and a half!  I filled the boxes with a few small pumpkin wrapped chocolates, a pumpkin balloon, plastic spider and finger puppet.  The kids loved them!


I will be using this Curvy Keepsake Die a lot over the coming weeks, as I intend to make some little gift boxes for the Christmas Tree and the Christmas Table!  

I hope you have enjoyed this post, thank you for looking and I would be very happy to receive your comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment